A Brand-New Everything


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



And, just like that, it's August 27. When and how did school suddenly start again? Don't get me wrong...I love the idea of back-to-school, but the reality always bites a little harder each fall than you expect it to.

Before I start waxing poetic about the delights of the back-to-school experience, I feel the need to clarify exactly who I am. I'm not Daniel (a student blogger from last year), and I'm not Sara (another blogger from last year), although I know and admire both of them.

My name is Jaclyn. I'm one of those people who have the conditional names...like, "My name is Joshua, but everyone calls me Josh," kind of thing. Well, my name is Jaclyn, but everyone calls me Jackie. Well, almost everyone (but that's a different blog.)

I'm a junior at CUC majoring in Public Relations and I am working on a minor in Print Journalism. I absolutely adore my major (and my minor), and I'm definitely looking forward to be graduating in a year and a half.

When I'm not sitting in classes, I work in the CUC Enrollment Office, running around and helping students feel excited about attending CUC.

This year, my sister's a freshman at CUC, and I'm living vicariously through her new and fun experiences. She's anxious to meet her professors, see how her classes are, learn the quirks of the system, etc. Since this is now my third year at CUC (and my, what, fifteenth year of school in all?).... I'm a little jaded by the whole school thing.

I remember, though, how exciting and fun it was to go back to school when I was in the first, second and third grades. My favorite part of back-to-school shopping then was buying new crayons. I loved new crayons. I would persuade my mother to buy me the biggest, most colorful box I could find.

Now, the best part of going back-to-school is buying copious amounts of clothing using the new school year and the impending cool weather as an excuse. A bad excuse maybe, but an excuse nonetheless.

So, what is your favorite back-to-school memory? And if you are a new college freshman, returning or transfer student, what are you looking forward to most this fall?

Labels: ,

4 Responses to “A Brand-New Everything”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    As a teacher...the crayons are still the greatest thing. Your memories of school were fun to read about. Looking forward to the next blog already!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, since u have ma email, it sounds very interestin, i nevered looked at silver spring that way, but from the way u described it, it makes me wanna go there. i mean, we dont appreciate things until there is a change, email me  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    at riasingle@yahoo.com or marychu86@yahoo.com, i attend montgomery college. so if u wanna hang out that will be cool  

  4. # Blogger Blogger at CUC

    Hey anonymous-

    You go to MC? Have you ever thought about transferring to CUC? The atmosphere at a small school is great--much more friendly than a community college, I've found.

    If you like, I can arrange for you to visit the CUC campus at my office for a campus tour.

    Thanks for the positive feedback. Have a great week!

    - Jackie  

Post a Comment






  • CUC Main Website
  • Get Information
  • Come For A Visit
  • Apply Now
  • Academic Departments
  • Class Schedules
  • Sligo SDA Church
  • CUC Center for Law & Public Policy
  • CUC Center for Metropolitan Ministries
  • Athletics at CUC
  • Music at CUC
  • Internships in DC
  • CUC Fast Facts

  • CUC Financial Aid
  • FAFSA - What Is It?
  • Info on Grants & Loans

  • Things to do in DC
  • The Smithsonian Institute
  • Monuments & Buildings
  • Historic Georgetown
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Local Sports Teams
  • Local Shopping



  • Previous Posts



    Powered by Blogger