Post-College Days.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After College Days concludes, all I want is a giant cup of coffee the next morning. Actually, as I write this in the Enrollment Services Office, I am sipping a generous cup of delicious brew.

Let me tell you something about working in the Enrollment Services Office around College Days: you don't get any sleep because you are stressed about your to-do list, your boss makes you do crazy errands, you must complete all logistical tasks in time for the arrival of students and then you are expected to work the actual event. And work we do. Over 20 hours in the span of two days, in fact, one of which is supposedly a "school day." How do we do it? Lots and lots of caffeine, and a little bit of adrenaline to boot.

I was in charge of planning an (admittedly) last minute breakout session this year on behalf of the Communication Department after a miscommunication (ironically) in our office prevented any planning before two days prior to the event. So, Jackie to the rescue!

Luckily, it all came off without a hitch (except for our lack of sleep), and I'm so happy I don't have to worry about this craziness for another year. Of course, the academy students had a great time. CUC has fine-tuned their College Days planning from when I attended back in 2004, and it's much more efficient, fun and relaxed. On Monday, when the students were riding boats and exploring Georgetown, my sister and I (she helped our office out on Monday) bought some clothes at H&M and Starbucks and relaxed for a few minutes. Nice!

Well, as for the rest of this week, I'll probably be a little over-tired and a little unmotivated, but I'm glad all the academies had such a wonderful time.

If any readers went to College Days this year, what did you like most about it? Give me some feedback!

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Post-College Days.”

  1. # Blogger French for a While

    Your authentic French brew will be in the mail shortly.  

Post a Comment






  • CUC Main Website
  • Get Information
  • Come For A Visit
  • Apply Now
  • Academic Departments
  • Class Schedules
  • Sligo SDA Church
  • CUC Center for Law & Public Policy
  • CUC Center for Metropolitan Ministries
  • Athletics at CUC
  • Music at CUC
  • Internships in DC
  • CUC Fast Facts

  • CUC Financial Aid
  • FAFSA - What Is It?
  • Info on Grants & Loans

  • Things to do in DC
  • The Smithsonian Institute
  • Monuments & Buildings
  • Historic Georgetown
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Local Sports Teams
  • Local Shopping



  • Previous Posts



    Powered by Blogger