Mmm.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Of all the restaurants in Downtown Silver Spring, my favorite (although this was an exceedingly hard decision) is Thai at Silver Spring.

I've always had a weakness for Thai food. In my hometown in Virginia, my high school friends and I would literally be drawn to the local Taste of Thai restaurant like moths to a flame. Garden rolls and red curry and sweet-and-sour tofu...everything was fair game.

When I came to CUC, I began a search for a great Thai restaurant right away. Although I (mistakenly) believed that nothing would compare to my beloved Taste of Thai, I soon realized that living in the city had some great advantages...I could eat almost any kind of food I wanted, whenever and wherever I wanted.

Luckily, Thai at Silver Spring is mere miles from CUC's campus. From my apartment, it takes about 7 minutes by car to get there. Montgomery County RideOn bus lines also run right to Silver Spring, and the Silver Spring Metro stop (on the red line) is about a block from the restaurant.

Here's what I recommend getting there:

- The chicken satay is so delicious that my once-vegetarian boyfriend caved and ate some. He's now quite the carnivore.
- The mixed vegetables soup and the seaweed soup are great choices for vegetarians.
- And for a main course, my boyfriend is a die-hard chicken with cashew nuts lover, and I have to admit...it's really, really good. I usually get either red curry with chicken or tofu, or panang curry with tofu. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to eat meat, and I don't mind tofu.

Do you have any favorite restaurants in the DC area? I'll check them out and let you know how I like them here on my blog!

P.S. Check out some scrumptious panang curry in the photo to the right.

Labels: ,

2 Responses to “Mmm.”

  1. # Blogger rita

    you should check out the roger miller restaurant, is on bonifant street, is an african restaurant, check it and tell me how u like it  

  2. # Blogger Blogger at CUC

    rita-
    I can't wait to check out the Roger Miller Restaurant. I just read the Washington Post review, and it sounds delicious. I have to go to an African restaurant for my Intercultural Communication class, so I definitely want to go!

    Thanks for the tip!

    - Jackie  

Post a Comment






  • CUC Main Website
  • Get Information
  • Come For A Visit
  • Apply Now
  • Academic Departments
  • Class Schedules
  • Sligo SDA Church
  • CUC Center for Law & Public Policy
  • CUC Center for Metropolitan Ministries
  • Athletics at CUC
  • Music at CUC
  • Internships in DC
  • CUC Fast Facts

  • CUC Financial Aid
  • FAFSA - What Is It?
  • Info on Grants & Loans

  • Things to do in DC
  • The Smithsonian Institute
  • Monuments & Buildings
  • Historic Georgetown
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Local Sports Teams
  • Local Shopping



  • Previous Posts



    Powered by Blogger