Sweet dreams.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My sister and I went to the Takoma Park Street Festival yesterday, and didn't stay long (although the festival was great) because of the overwhelmingly awful heat wave that took hold of Maryland the past two days. Luckily the weather forecast seems to show some improvement over the next week: temperatures in the 60's soon, I hope!

While at the festival, Jera (my sister) and I sipped pina colada smoothies and browsed the farmer's market goods. We purchased a loaf of homemade white bread and much to our amusement, tore pieces off the loaf and ate it as we walked back to our car.

Homemade bread is so good. No words can describe the differences between Wonderbread and an actual homemade loaf. There were so many delicious varieties offered, we finally settled on white just as a way of getting out of making a decision. Chili cheese bread? 5-grain? There were too many options.

I'm actually hungry now, seeing as my nutritious breakfast of Cocoa Puffs and coffee has worn off and I am left with a gnawing feeling in my stomach that is telling me to eat, and soon.

I have such a long day ahead of me (don't ask, just thinking about all I have to do might give me an ulcer) and so I know I have to eat in order to keep my energy up.

Lots of my friends don't eat breakfast, and then I have a few friends who don't eat lunch so they can have a huge dinner.

What meals do you skip occasionally, and why?

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Sweet dreams.”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    Well, there you go. All the info right there in your blog. GOODNESS JACKIE!! You write more than Hemmingway on two bottles of whiskey! How in the WORLD am I supposed to read all those blogs? Well, at least I noticed the site. That's awesome. And you should know, I don't skip any meals. I just sleep in till five in the afternoon and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner in rapid succession over the next 9 hours before going back to sleep. I love the blogs and the PICS. Keep it up and sweet dreams. Tell Brandon I said what's up.  

Post a Comment






  • CUC Main Website
  • Get Information
  • Come For A Visit
  • Apply Now
  • Academic Departments
  • Class Schedules
  • Sligo SDA Church
  • CUC Center for Law & Public Policy
  • CUC Center for Metropolitan Ministries
  • Athletics at CUC
  • Music at CUC
  • Internships in DC
  • CUC Fast Facts

  • CUC Financial Aid
  • FAFSA - What Is It?
  • Info on Grants & Loans

  • Things to do in DC
  • The Smithsonian Institute
  • Monuments & Buildings
  • Historic Georgetown
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Local Sports Teams
  • Local Shopping



  • Previous Posts



    Powered by Blogger