It's a bit nippy!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's definitely gone from summer to fall/winter in one day here in Maryland! Yesterday I was sweating ("glowing") and today it's freezing! I walked outside this morning with Molly (my dog, remember?) wearing a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops, and oh my gosh! That was not a good idea.

It was so cold. So cold. I shivered and shivered while I waited for Molly to do whatever she needed to do, and then we both sprinted back inside to the relative warmth of my apartment.

So, I laughed when I saw this cartoon, because it's so ironic and true. It seems like whenever the weather gets chilly around here, people drag out the coats and scarves in an instant. I love wearing a scarf as much as the next person, but some people wear the most obnoxiously-lengthed ones. You have to wonder how they make it through the day without getting clotheslined when their scarf gets caught in a door or something.

All I have to say is that I was getting fairly sick of the incessant hot, humid weather, and this cool air is a great change. About a month ago, we all thought the week of cool, crisp air was permanent, but tricky Maryland did it again, and we had a full-fledged Indian Summer the past few weeks.

Orchestra has a concert this weekend and we have a four hour (yes, four) rehearsal tonight.

Hopefully the church we're rehearsing in (Spencerville SDA) won't be cold!

2 Responses to “It's a bit nippy!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I would first like to point out that you did wear a scarf today, and second I am sure that somewhere you have a seperate and different scarf/sweater for Molly. That is a comment for another day. However, you are infact right, it is cold.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Whoever IMLE is...they are correct! Inside story is that Molly has her own closet!  

Post a Comment






  • CUC Main Website
  • Get Information
  • Come For A Visit
  • Apply Now
  • Academic Departments
  • Class Schedules
  • Sligo SDA Church
  • CUC Center for Law & Public Policy
  • CUC Center for Metropolitan Ministries
  • Athletics at CUC
  • Music at CUC
  • Internships in DC
  • CUC Fast Facts

  • CUC Financial Aid
  • FAFSA - What Is It?
  • Info on Grants & Loans

  • Things to do in DC
  • The Smithsonian Institute
  • Monuments & Buildings
  • Historic Georgetown
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Local Sports Teams
  • Local Shopping



  • Previous Posts



    Powered by Blogger