New England, here I come!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The CUC orchestra (NEYE) is traveling to New England over midterm break, which starts tonight officially. We leave tonight at 2:30 a.m. (yes, you read that correctly) to pull an all-nighter up to Massachusetts for our first concert.

Although I'm tired and could really have used a break just to relax at home, I'm super-excited about going to New England. My family lived in Massachusetts for three years when I was younger, and I have fond memories of those times. I loved the weather, the coast, the restaurants, all the parks...it was amazingly fun.

One of our stops on the trip (when we're not in concert, of course) will be in Freeport, Maine. My family travels almost every year to Nova Scotia via road trip and ferry, and we always stop in Freeport. It has so many outlet stores...Nine West, American Eagle, Dooney & Bourke...lots and lots of shopping!

But, what really put Freeport on the map was the the fact that the L.L. Bean flagship store is located there. This giant behemouth of an outlet store has waterfalls (inside and out) and more outdoors equipment and clothing than you could ever possibly need. And although I can't say I'm particularly outdoorsy, you can't go to Freeport without stopping in L.L. Bean.

My father and I used to be pretty avid bicyclists, but that's slowed down quite a bit since I've come to college. Nonetheless, in Freeport, L.L. Bean also has a cycling shop beside their larger store, which offers a plethora of biking goodies.

There are lots of restaurants...oh, and did I mention a Ben & Jerry's?

So, yes, I am looking forward to midterm break. Midterms weren't so fun, but I am fairly certain they'll be more tame than finals, which are always tough on everyone. Better take a vacation now while I can!

For more information on the NEYE or touring with us, e-mail music@cuc.edu.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “New England, here I come!”

Post a Comment






  • CUC Main Website
  • Get Information
  • Come For A Visit
  • Apply Now
  • Academic Departments
  • Class Schedules
  • Sligo SDA Church
  • CUC Center for Law & Public Policy
  • CUC Center for Metropolitan Ministries
  • Athletics at CUC
  • Music at CUC
  • Internships in DC
  • CUC Fast Facts

  • CUC Financial Aid
  • FAFSA - What Is It?
  • Info on Grants & Loans

  • Things to do in DC
  • The Smithsonian Institute
  • Monuments & Buildings
  • Historic Georgetown
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Local Sports Teams
  • Local Shopping



  • Previous Posts



    Powered by Blogger