Happy holidays!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In my household, the holiday celebrations have officially begun. CUC just finished up Thanksgiving break (which went much too quickly, in my opinion), and now all the students here are gearing up for final exams (which are coming up too quickly, in my opinion).

I had a great Thanksgiving at home with my family: we ate lots of turkey (my dad's specialty), apple pie, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and all sorts of other delicious food.

We ventured out on Black Friday too--my sister bought a digital camera, I got a coat, and of course, we gots lots of other things I'm too lazy to recount right now.

I just got back into work and my friend Ellie and I bought the same coat too--on Black Friday. It was 50% off, so obviously neither of us could resist!

I can't believe Christmas is merely weeks away. It seems like Christmas just happened, and now it's back again...with the presents, stress and best (or worst) of all...the Christmas concerts.

I guess I better brush off my black concert attire and my flute and piccolo, because thus begins the Christmas concert season here at CUC. Between band and the orchestra, your weekends are not your own. I've gotten used to it, but I know for some freshman it's going to be a busy, busy next couple of weeks.

All I've got to do is hang in for a couple more weeks and a few more concerts and then...relaxation!

What are your plans for Christmas this year? Did you have a good Thanksgiving?

0 Responses to “Happy holidays!”

Post a Comment






  • CUC Main Website
  • Get Information
  • Come For A Visit
  • Apply Now
  • Academic Departments
  • Class Schedules
  • Sligo SDA Church
  • CUC Center for Law & Public Policy
  • CUC Center for Metropolitan Ministries
  • Athletics at CUC
  • Music at CUC
  • Internships in DC
  • CUC Fast Facts

  • CUC Financial Aid
  • FAFSA - What Is It?
  • Info on Grants & Loans

  • Things to do in DC
  • The Smithsonian Institute
  • Monuments & Buildings
  • Historic Georgetown
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Local Restaurant Guide
  • Local Sports Teams
  • Local Shopping



  • Previous Posts



    Powered by Blogger